Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Pretty Little Gift box

This was taken from my Seed of Hope Devotional:

excited about a gift 

When someone gives you a gift, do you leave it in their hands or do you take hold of it and pull it towards you?  Most of us grab it and receive it with a big smile on our face and delight in our eyes!  When you take possession of a gift, it becomes yours.  You have become the owner of it.  You can use it however you would like.  You also have the option to put it in a corner or on a shelf and never receive any benefit from being the new owner of it.

Long ago, I realized that the healing of my body was like a gift and I had not taken possession of it.  So I purchased a pretty little gift box and set it on my dresser where I would see it everyday.  It was a visual and tactile reminder that I needed to take possession of what Jesus purchased for me--my abundant life.  So every time I would see it or pick it up, I was reminded to say, "Thank you God, I receive my healing.  I receive the life you purchased for me."
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. ~John 10:10
I believe saying "thank you" is an important part of receiving because not only are you being polite, you are also telling the giver that you are grateful for what they have taken the time and sacrifice to provide or do for you.  In my case, I was telling God that I was grateful for His love and for the healing He had already provided for me through the body of Jesus.  I chose to have an "attitude of gratitude" even when I was still experiencing infertility.  I chose to thank God for His goodness, for His dynamic healing power working in me, and for His unconditional love.
...He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases.  ~ Matthew 8:17
By saying "thank you", you are not only reminding yourself that you have received the gift and taken ownership of it, but as you say "thank you" over and over with genuineness, you begin to build up your confidence and faith in God. ~ A Seed of Hope by Evangeline Brown Colbert

Thank you god

I encourage you to go grab a pretty little gift box and thank God for your abundant life.  Thank Him now for your physical or emotional healing, financial breakthrough, or infertility.   Whatever it is you need, thank Him.  It will not only remind yourself of what is already yours, but it will also build up your confidence and faith in God.  Who wouldn't want that?  Not to mention, it will keep you focused on Him and His solution to the problem.  Make the choice today to keep your eyes on God, the Giver of good gifts by giving Him thanks, right where you are.
Poppa God, I come to you today giving you thanks and praise for Your faithfulness in my life.  Thank you that as I choose to receive Your Word, it works to give me abundant life and it strengthens my soul.  Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.  ~ A Seed of Hope
It's time for me to go find a pretty little gift box...how about you?


gift box

Pssst!  Did you enjoy this nugget of encouragement today?  Would you like your own copy so that you can continue to grow in your faith?  Well, get excited! I have extras copies! WHOO HOO! :)  Email me your address and I'll get it pony expressed to you right away.  Free of charge!  Don't be shy!  It is my gift to you!  XOXO  (Although a little extra cash would be lovely, I am no way being paid to endorse this product. I just love it and want to share!)

A Seed of Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment