Friday, October 18, 2013

Wanna Know a Secret...?




Wanna Know a Secret…?



Go gently through this day, keeping your eyes on Me.  I will open up the way before you, as you take steps of trust along your path.  Sometimes the way before you appears to be blocked.  If you focus on the obstacle or search for a way around it, you will probably go off course.  Instead, focus on Me, the Shepherd who is leading you along your life-journey.  Before you know it, the “obstacle” will be behind you and you will hardly know how you passed through it.  That is the secret of success in My Kingdom.  Although you remain aware of your natural circumstances, your primary awareness is of Me.  When the road before you looks rocky, you can trust Me to get you through that rough patch.  My Presence enables you to face each day with confidence.” –Jesus Calling



Jesus Calling by Sarah Young is one of my favorite devotionals (Seed of Hope by Evangeline Brown Colbert is my second favorite) because they are like love letters written just for me from God and I get to read them each morning while I drink my coffee.  I loved this morning’s “love letter” because it reminded of the secret to receiving God’s blessings for my life.

It says during the second sentence that God will open up the way for me IF I put my trust in Him, but if I remain focused on the “obstacle” or I am constantly trying in my own efforts to find a way around it, then I risk the potential of running off the “road” and prolonging my suffering.  I was reminded this morning that I can’t say “I trust you God” but then constantly worry or  think about my natural circumstances.

However, complete trust means that I keep my eyes on Him and remember that by His stripes I am healed (Isaiah 53:5) and that He settles the barren woman as a happy mother of children (Psalm 113:9).  When I do this, my “obstacles” look small in comparison to His love and power and I am then reminded that through the price He paid on the Cross I am an overcomer in all things (John 16:33).

Francesca Battistelli wrote the benefits of fixing our eyes on Jesus in her song called “Strangely Dim”…
I've had all these plans piled up sky high
A thousand dreams on hold
And I don't know why,
I got a front row seat
To the longest wait
And I just can't see
Past the things I pray
Today

But when I fix my eyes on all that You are
Then every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
All my worries fade
And fall to the ground
Cause when I seek Your face
And don't look around
Any place I'm in
Grows strangely dim

Sometimes where I stand
On this narrow road
Is in a raging storm
Or a valley low
But oh

I don't know, I don't know
What tomorrow may hold
But I know, but I know
That You're holding it all
So no matter what may come

I'm gonna fix my eyes on all that You are
'Til every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
Let all my worries fade
And fall to the ground
I'm gonna seek Your face
And not look around
Til the place I'm in
Grows strangely, strangely, strangely dim

So there you are…you have the secret of success to the Kingdom of God…what are you going to do with it?  Are you going to continue to look at your “obstacles” or are you going to fix your eyes on Jesus and KNOW that He has already won the battle for you…I believe that before you know it, the “obstacle” you feel that is blocking your path will be behind you.

Like the facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/HOPE/434401456655733

1 comment: